In many cases customers have UI extensions (helpers) to allow for functionality that is not available in the standard UI.
In the new UI currently there are extensions for Watson Classifiers, but the ability to extend the UI for custom functionality is not available.
The basic requirements in all cases are:
- Read information from individual fields in the task view
- Write information to individual fields in task view (including hidden fields) – UI needs to identify the change (and display the Save button) and save changes both to visible and hidden fields. All field types should be supported (string, enum, date, currency, user-fields)
- Identify the state of the task view with respect to changes (distinguish if the user has already made a change or not)
- Refresh a specific task view (currently the RCSA alignment helper refreshes all tabs and thus changes in individual tabs are lost)
- Ideally extensions could also be opened from the guidance and section information (including the resource id in the link)
Example use case: to give context to the risk assessment, users are presented with a dynamic heat map (based on preference objects for each entity) to visualize the impact their qualitative assessment has.